A simple recipe to help you combat fatigue and nourish your liver.
Why did we cook this soup
If you are frequently working through late nights, this is actually pretty bad for your health, even if you are able to catch back on your sleep. This is because your body has a build in the biological clock, there is a time to rest and there is a time to work. If it passes that idea period of rest it is hard to get recharge back that energy.
So what is the best time to sleep? The rule of thumb is ideally before 11pm. This will give your body time to recharge. So between 11pm to 3am, most of your blood circulation concentrates in your liver. Your liver gets larger when filled with more blood. This is an important time when your body undergoes detoxification process. Your liver neutralizes and breaks down body toxins accumulated throughout the day.
What happens when you need to work late night? You get less time to recharge and detox. Resulting a bad rest. This cycle continues and you end up feeling sluggish and fatigue. This week 👨🏻💻 is rushing through a project and often sleep around 1-2am period. He was feeling super lethargic and it was affecting his mood. So👩🏻🍳 decided to prepare this soup to help him charge back up.
The two key ingredients are:
1. Burdock Root: The powerhouse of antioxidants and one of the most common traditional uses for burdock root is to detoxified blood and promoted increased circulation
2. Black Beans: contain quercetin and saponins which can protect the heart as well as potassium, calcium, and magnesium, all of which have been found to decrease blood pressure naturally.
Together they both help your body get back the energy you need naturally
- Burdock Root – 300 grams
- Black Beans – 30 grams
- Chicken Breast – 300 grams
- Red Dates – 5 pieces
- Sliced Ginger – few slices
Steps to Becoming Stronger
- Slice away the burdock skin and cut it into pieces
- Soak them into a bowl of water, add a little vinegar to it as it will help move the bitter taste of burdock
- Soak 30 grams of black beans
- Cut the red dates and remove the seeds
- Sliced the chicken breast and cook them lightly
- Have them all in the slow cooker, set to High
- Lightly salt before serving
Burdock Root is considered to be a “Yin” ingredient so too much of it will make you cold.
Black Beans needs to be cook till a soft state to allow for better absorption of the nutrients