Flower crab dishes cost a bomb in Singapore restaurants and if you in the mood for one. Nothing beats making it on your own. This week, we like to share with you on how to make your home-made flower crab bee hoon.
- Flower Crabs x 3 (1 crab for each person)
- 6 slices of ginger
- 2 cloves chopped garlics
- 1 Chilli chopped
- 2 tablespoons of Chinese cooking wine
- 100 to 200 ml of Carnation milk – depends on how much soup you want
- 1000ml of water
Steps to healthier cooking:
- Wash the Crabs / cut into half
- Heat up pot add oil and stir fry the ginger and garlic till fragrance
- Add water and bring it to a boil
- Add the crab shell and let it cook for 20mins
- Add 1 Teaspoon sesame oil
- Some white pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce, adjust to taste
- Add the Crabs and Carnation milk and cook for about 15 minutes
- Cook your Bee Hoon and add the soup to it.
Tada! you are done.
We like to thank Clifford Ong for taking the time to share his amazing recipe with us. He was also very kind to share with us what got him started in cooking and the toughest dish he had prepared. You can find more of his amazing recipes here
Coming from a Peranakan family, I watch closely how my grandmother and parents prepares and cook. And after I got married and moved out to start my own family, I some times missed eating the food which my grandma and parents used to cooked. So i sometimes will ask my dad to cook and write down the recipe of each dish, and that’s how I started to go into cooking with lots of passion.
The toughest dish is String Ray Garang Asam
Till today I still can’t get it right, as my kids will say: Still not like what grandpa have cooked. Even with recipes from my dad I strongly believed that not every Chef can cook a dish that will taste exactly the same😂
We love to hear from you! If you have a recipe that you like to share with the world, pls pm us on Facebook or leave a comment here.
Looking forward to more awesome home cooking!