- 8pcs fishballs
- 5 stalks Xiao Bai Cai
- 40g Tung Hoon
- Wolfberries, handful
- 100g lean pork (optional)
- Tofu (optional)
- You can choose to use vegetable soup stock or you can make your own 🙂
DIY soup stock
- 100g Ikan bilis
- 3 slices of Ginger,
- 6pcs Red dates
Steps to becoming stronger
- Rinse ikan bilis in water, 1- 2 times and put them into soup stock pouch.
- Bring 1.5-2litres of water to boil. Add soup ikan bilis stock pouch, red dates and ginger. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Soak wolfberries. Soak Tung Hoon in water till soft.
- Rinse Xiao Bai Cai, separate stalks and leaves
- Add tofu and fishball into boiling ikan bilis soup stock. Stir lightly until all fishballs float onto the surface.
- Add Xiao bai cai and Tung Hoon.
- Season with salt and add wolfberries before serving.
More on making soup stock
These disposable soup stock pouches are quite handy to have in the kitchen, especially for making soups and stews. For this soup, we pack the soup pouch with ikan bilis and we added in ginger and red dates for more flavours. When the soup base is ready, simply remove the whole pouch and throw it away. Hassle free.