All parts of the Luffa plant possess the medicinal properties. The luffa fruit which is mainly used in cooking is leverage as a form of diet therapy to treat various health ailments. In general, luffa is helpful to lower the blood sugar, constipation, weight loss, and hypoglycemia, enhance immune system, weight loss and detoxifies the body.
Furthermore, luffa is packed with Cooper which provides anti-inflammatory properties that soothe stiffness and pain which is related to arthritis. If you are looking for a natural remedy for arthritis, this soup is for you.
- half large luffa (about 250grams)
- 1 tomato cut to wedges
- 1/2 onion roughly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced thinly
- 3 slices ginger
- 250ml chicken (vegetable) stock
- a handful of silver fish (optional)
- noodles if you are thinking of making it into a simple meal
Steps to becoming stronger
- Prepare luffa by removing the skin, seed
- Cut luffa into chunks
- Add oil into soup pot, heat it up
- Stir fry the garlic and onions until the latter is softened. Add tomato and luffa. Stir fry briefly to bring out the flavours.
- Add 1.5 to 2 litres of water. Bring to boil
- Add chicken stock and ginger.
- Cover with lid and simmer for about 5 minutes until the luffa is soft.