Nowadays, in this connected world. It’s hard to get off work. Work life balance is never the case for most Singaporeans. We bring back our work or just keep typing that email from our mobile back at home.
We do not keep to a schedule on our meal times and very often missed meals. Through this process, there are times where we will lose our appetite out of a sudden. That’s because the body is confused.
Times like this we can take herbal soup to helps us improve our appetite. Si Shen Tang 四神汤 is a soup that does that. It is made up of four different Chinese herbs (medical benefits listed below) Most importantly, it is easy to make and it works.
Si Shen Tang list of herbs
- Chinese Yam 淮山
- Lotus Seeds 湘莲子
- Gordon Euryale Seeds 芡实
- Poria 茯苓
Lotus Seeds (Xiang Lian Zi), Poria (Fu Ling), Chinese Yam (Huai Shan) and Gordon Euryale Seeds (Qian Shi) strengthen a weak digestive system and improves the absorption of nutrients via the digestive tract.
- 5g Chinese Yam 淮山
- 40g Lotus Seeds 湘莲子
- 10g Gordon Euryale Seeds 芡实
- 20g Poria 茯苓
- 250g pork ribs (optional)
- You can also substitute with fruits, 1 piece of apple (optional)
Steps to becoming stronger
- Rinse and soak the herbs for around 5-7 mins
- Blanch the meat if you are adding them
- Add everything into the soup pot or slow cooker
- Add a little salt for flavour