As we share our journey to no meat, we like to share this great tasting and super easy version of Ratatouille recipe. As we were having our no meat dinner, we were watching Okja. It is not a vegetarian propaganda nor it is a show against meat eater. From my perspective, it is a show to showcase how corporations are abusing our food system. If you care about what you eat, you should take a look at this show. It is good.
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, scrubbed, quartered lengthwise, and cut into thin slices
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 6pcs Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, chopped coarse
- 200g macaroni
- and a pack of Knorr ratatouille mix
5 quick and easy steps to an amazing Ratatouille:
- Saute onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over moderately low heat in a skillet, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons oil and heat it over moderately high heat until it is hot but not smoking.
- Add garlic, eggplant, mushrooms, zucchini and bell pepper to cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, for 8-12 minutes, or until the vegetables are softened.
- Cook macaroni in pot of boiling salted water until al dente and drain.
- Add Knorr ratatouille mix and 250ml water/pasta water with cooked vegetables and fry until lightly brown. Toss macaroni with ratatouille and served with chopped tomatoes.
Just so you know, if you like to prepare the Ratatouille in bulk, it is possible. You just need to keep it well covered and chilled, and reheated before serving.