Lotus root soup is one of my favourite soup. It’s light and very nourishing. The star here is Lotus root. It contains a moderate amount of calories, as far as root vegetables go. It’s high in dietary fiber and vitamins A and B and contains a good amount of important minerals.
Lotus roots are known for the following benefits:
– improves blood circulation (How? Lotus root is also packed with a huge amount of copper. This mineral is essential to maintain blood vessel health and to give way to proper metabolism of iron.)
– regulates blood pressure
– helps wound to heal faster
I like the part about regulating blood pressure, especially when you are back from work and you have that one colleague that makes your blood boils, the soup is here to help!
Here’s how you can do it.
- 300g of lotus root washes and sliced
- 250g pork ribs (replaced with chicken bones if pork is not for you)
- 1.5 litres water
- 1 carrot peeled and cut to small chunks
- 5 dried scallops
- 1 dried cuttlefish optional
- 6 dried pitted red dates (adjusted for sweetness)
- 100g de-shelled raw peanuts (unless you are sensitive to peanuts, you must add this, it makes the soup super tasty and you have something to munch too, I love it)
🌟the ingredients served two
Steps the night before! 🌙
- Remove the skin from the lotus root and cut to 1 cm slices.
- Blanch pork ribs in boiling water for about 5 minutes, rinse blanched pork pieces in water and put it in the fridge
- Check out the short clip below 😀
‼️After you sliced away the lotus root skin, it is exposed to air and will turn black easily. So when storing it in the fridge, have the sliced lotus soaked in a bowl of water.
Steps in the morning! ☀️
- filled up the slow cooker with 1.5 litres of water
- here’s my favourite part, throw all the ingredients in. #onepotmeal
- lightly salted for taste
- set slow cooker to Auto and you can expect an awesome soup when you are back from work.
Thanks for your feedback. Actually for this soup, I made a video on the preparation but the feedback was that it is too long. We hear you! Do give us a chance and we are sure you will like our next video! Do follow us on our journey, it will be fun as you watch the content that we produce changes with the feedback you give.
Again, thank you very much and looking to hear more from you.